Mother’s Day, recognized as a U.S. holiday in 1911, celebrates the extraordinary women all over the world who raise children. It falls on the second Sunday in May and if you’re like me, you can’t afford to give your mom/mother figure the gifts she deserves for putting up with your bitchy attitudes and mood swings. If you’re Kanye West, you buy the mother of your children a personal orchestra and bench of flowers, but I’m sure Kanye West isn’t reading this. So here’s some last minute gift ideas for your mom this Mother’s Day:
- Flowers. A common Mother’s Day gift but always a winner. For under $10 you can get your mom/grandmother/step-mom/mother figure a bouquet or potted flowers. This aesthetic choice is sure to make your mom smile
- Gift certificate. Whether it’s her favorite store, restaurant or nail salon, a gift certificate allows for your mom to take some time for herself and
- Cook her breakfast. One of the cheaper options on this list, cooking your mom her favorite breakfast food is sure to start her day off on the foot. She’ll love the thoughtfulness of it and it will give you the chance to practice your cooking skills.
- Drinks on you! My mom prefers wine but she enjoys a good mimosa every now and then. Treat your mom to a drink this Mother’s Day, either during brunch or after dinner.
- Your time. There’s nothing more enjoyable to a mom (or cheaper for a child) than to sit down and have a conversation. Even if you see your mom everyday, there’s still bound to be things you talk about and catch up on.
Whether you give your mom a gift from this list or come up with something else, I hope both you and your mom have a wonderful Mother’s Day.