Ever since Kylie Jenner introduced her lip kits to the world, the interest in liquid matte lipsticks has soared. People scramble to purchase one of her coveted kids when they drop online and express their frustration at not being able to get one. I have managed to successfully buy several kits from her but it took a few tries. It wasn’t until her 4th or 5th release that I got through and managed to purchase a kit.
It may sound crazy but….Kylie’s lip kits aren’t the only liquid matte lipsticks you can buy (if you couldn’t detect it, that was sarcasm). Below are a few companies that sell both liquid and non-liquid matte lipsticks with similar shades to Kylie Jenner’s lip kits.
- Colourpop. Their Ultra Matte Lips go for about $6 each with lip liners at $5 each. That’s about 1/3 of what it cost to get a Kylie Lip Kit.
- NYX. With Lip Lingerie, Soft Matte Lip Cream and Liquid Suede Lipstick, this company has their matte lipstick bases covered. The prices range from $6 to $7, which is a steal when compared to one of Kylie’s $29 kits.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills. At $20 each these liquid lipsticks are pricey but this makeup company has a good reputation, especially among celebrities like Jenner.
- Kat Von D. Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick comes in colors like blue and black and numerous shades of pink. It rings in at $20 each but with 28 shades you’re sure to find something close to a Kylie Lip Kit at a lower cost.
- Lime Crime. Their Velvetines Matte Lipstick isn’t liquid but if you’re looking for funkier colors (blue, yellow, black, green), this company is for you. Known for calling their customers “unicorns,” Lime Crime’s lipsticks sell for $20 each and are popular on Instagram.
- Jeffree Star. Star launched his makeup brand in 2014 and has been slowly building his company with Liquid Velour Lipstick and lip scrub. His matte lipstick comes in 21 shades and costs $18.00 each but is by far the most color ranging of any company on this list. White, black, shades of purple, shades of blue, brown, grey, nudes, etc. Star has a color for every occasion.
- Dose of Colours. This company’s matte lipstick is a bit pricey at $18 each but is still cheaper than a Kylie Lip Kit and they have colors that include nude, purple and brown.
- Milani. For $8.99 you can get Milani’s Matte Lip Crème, which comes in a variety of pinks and reds. This cheaper option is good for anyone looking to buy a liquid to matte lipstick that won’t break the bank.
- Maybelline. Jumping on the liquid lipstick bandwagon, Maybelline came out with their Colour Sensational Matte Liquid Lipstick. It retails for around $7.99, which means you can buy four for the price of one Kylie Lip Kit.
The majority of these brands provide lower prices then Kylie’s $29 kit. Though some cost up to $20 each, their colors are pretty damn close to Kylie’s. I can’t vouch for each of the companies because I have yet to buy from all of them but I right now I love Colourpop’s liquid matte lipstick. It needs touchups after eating but the color stays on well and doesn’t over dry your lips. It even lasts after a quick make out session, though it’s sure to get on your partner.
If you can’t wait for the next Kylie Lip Kit release, take a look into each of these companies. Find a dupe to hold you over until you get your hands on Jenner’s lipstick and comment your favorite liquid lipstick below!