There have been so many good songs released this year but here are the top 10 I’ve been playing on repeat.
- One Dance (feat. Wizkid & Kyla). Drake can do no wrong. Hotline Bling may have seemed a bit off-putting to some people especially with a strange music video that birthed hundreds of memes. However, he just won anyone that was on the fence about his music back with this hit song.
- Work (feat. Drake). I’ll be honest and say that you can’t understand half of the lyrics but this Rihanna song is too catchy. Even baby pigs love this song (see video below). It’s been out for weeks now and I still have it playing as I mumble along with it. If you need a little motivation to workout or get shit done, this is the song to listen to.
- CAN’T STOP THE FEELING! (Original Song From DreamWorks Animation’s “Trolls”). This new Justin Timberlake song reminds me of an 80’s dance tune because of the funk beat. Though it gives off a vintage feel, it’s sure to get stuck in your head and make you dance like a weirdo.
- Light It Up (feat. Nyla & Fuse ODG) [Remix]. If there’s one song I know I’ll be blasting all summer, it’s this one. Major Lazer’s song was created into a definitive hit with this remix. I’m sure it will be played at every music festival from now until next year. With the added female element of Jamaican singer Nyla’s vocals, the song is quite perfect.
- Never Forget You. After reaching success with her recent song Lush Life, Zara Larson teamed up with British singer MNEK to create this hit song. However, it took awhile for their collaboration to get worldwide success. It was released July of 2015 and didn’t gain momentum until recently. Either way, I’ll still be listening to this song all summer.
- This Is What You Came For (feat. Rihanna). Take a moment to appreciate the gloriousness that is another collaboration between Calvin Harris and Rihanna. It seems like whenever these two meet in the studio they create a song so catchy, your speakers might break from it being played so much. Their two previous collabs include “Where Have You Been” and “We Found Love”
- Fast Car (feat. Dakota) [Radio Edit]. A remix of an original 1988 song by Tracey Chapman, Fast Car is a far cry from typical house music. With a mellow tune like this, it’s hard to think it fits into the house music genre. Jonas Blue remixed Chapman’s song to give it a catchier beat while still being slow and relaxing, a reason it’s become so popular.
- Don’t Let Me Down (feat. Daya). The first single from The Chainsmoker’s debut album is near the top of the Billboard Hot 100 after being released over two months ago. There’s a good reason why too, IT’S SO DAMN CATCHY.
- Panda. This song is another one that makes absolutely no sense but who doesn’t love saying “I got broads in Atlanta” like we actually have side-chicks in another city? Personally, I don’t love this song by Designer but it’s been stuck in my head for the past week and my boyfriend and I can’t stop saying “PANDA PANDA PANDA” to each other.
- I Took a Pill in Ibiza (Seeb Remix). Mike Posner is riding the wave of his second hit for as long as possible and I don’t blame him. He came back with a vengeance with this ironic song about being a one-hit wonder.
The majority of songs on this list are some form of EDM so if you aren’t a fan of that genre, you’ll probably hate them. I happen to like EDM because it gives me energy and gets me in the mood to workout. What songs are you listening to right now?
*Feature photo originally posted on Instagram by Major Lazer.