Kylie Jenner’s coveted lip kits will be released again this Thursday. She previewed her new black metal matte liquid lipstick (Majesty) and announced that the next release would be tomorrow on May 26th. Although the time hasn’t been released yet, below are some tips to making sure you get your hands on one of these sought-after cosmetic products.
- Know when it’s happening. If you follow Jenner on Instagram, Snapchat or Twitter, you’ve probably seen her posting during past releases. However, don’t rely on her social media to tell you when the releases are because by the time she posts on Instagram about a current release, there could be 100,000 people on the site. Though Jenner drops hints about when the releases are on social media, the exact date, time and which products will be for sale are only posted on her personnal app/website. It requires a subscription but if you’re really trying to snag a lip kit, you might want to fork over the $3.20 (including tax) per month.
- Be prepared. Create an account on the Kylie Cosmetics website ahead of time in order to breeze through the checkout process. It will save you valuable time. This feature wasn’t available the first few times the lip kits were released and a lot of people found that when they finished inputting their address and credit card information, the items in their cart were out of stock. This has happened to me twice and after I made an account, it never happened again.
- Grab and go. Know how many kits and what colors you want to purchase before the cosmetics release. If you sit on the website debating between KoKo K and Candy K, you’ll miss your chance to buy them. Preplanning will ensure you get the exact products you want.
- Be patient. Don’t freak out if the website is slow or your browser freezes in the middle of processing your order. Patience is key when it comes to Kylie Cosmetics (especially since they aren’t available to purchase 24/7). Avoid refreshing the page because you can end up getting charged twice. Let the browser do its thing and keep your fingers crossed. If you don’t get a confirmation email right away, don’t worry. With such a large input of new orders the system may get backed up. If you don’t receive your confirmation number within two days, then contact customer service.
- Be realistic. Keep in mind that there will be thousands of people on the site at the same time trying to get a lip kit just like you. You might not be successful the first, second or even fifth time you try to purchase one. It took me three tries to get a lip kit but you will get one eventually. There are other options to purchase one, such as buying off of eBay or Amazon. These are dicey though because some people will scam you into overpaying and you might not recieve your item.
If you’re on the fence about spending $29 for a lip kit, check out these cheaper dupes. If you’re thinking about getting a kit tomorrow then keep these tips in mind for the release and good luck!
Have you gotten a Kylie Lip Kit? What do you think about Jenner releasing batches of the product instead of having it available 24/7?
*Feature photo originally posted on Instagram by @kyliecosmetics