Gone are the days (for the most part) of buying bathing suit from large chain retailers. Over the past two years I have developed an obsession with designer bikinis and it’s not healthy in the least. The suits in my bikini drawers are worth more than my used car….but, enough about my shopping addiction.
After scouring websites and Instagram for hours on end trying to find the most beautiful and flattering suits I’ve compiled a list of 30 bikini brands you need to know about, the types of suits they sell and where you can purchase their products. Some of your favorite celebrities rock suits from these companies. Check it out below.
1. Monday Swimwear. It-girls and bikini experts Tash Oakley and Devin Brugman started their own swim line in 2015 after years of blogging about swimsuits. Their collection is simple but stunning with solid prints and details like color blocking. They have tops for bustier women too so don’t be afraid that your top won’t fit.
2. Kaohs Swim. Launched in 2013, Kaohs Swim is the creation of two best friends, Tess Hamilton and Ali Hoffmann. I fell in love with their line after seeing the suits they designed with shells (check out the Rie top and bottom). The designers credit inspiration from skate, boho and surf. Follow them on SnapChat for their occasional SnapChat sales! I’ve snagged three pieces from them at half the retail price this way.
3. Boutine LA. If you’re in the market for itsy bitsy bikinis then Boutine LA is the brand for you. Their brand was made popular by their thong bikini bottoms and keeps it simple when it comes to color and design. Of all the companies on this list, these are some of the more affordable designer suits.
4. Peace of Paradise Creations. This custom-made designer bikini company is one of my favorites. Each item is custom made with sizes ranging from 0 to 22. You pick a style and then design the suit by picking colors and accessorizing with bows, beads, etc. They even offer a reversible option so you can wear your top/bottom more than one way. Don’t be skeptical about ordering from them either. I’ve purchased from them before and the suits are of the same great quality as any of the other companies on this list.
5. Acacia Swim. One of the more high-end designers on the list, Acacia Swim has pricy but beautiful quality suits. Their styles are sexy and modern with crochet details and bold prints. However, these aren’t for the modest. You’re more likely to see these suits on the west coast because of their minimal coverage.
6. Mandalynn Swim. This company falls between the bold and the simple; the moderate to minimal coverage. With both solid and prints and a range of designs (lace up, scalloped, high waist) there is a little something for everyone. I’ve been purchasing from this company for a while and they’re famous for their once-a-year sample sale in Baltimore, Maryland. If you happen to live in the area or feel like making a trip there, do so. You can grab one-of-a-kind bikinis and almost their full inventory at insanely low costs.
7. Mikoh Swim. Sisters Oleema and Kalani Miller grew up in San Clemente, California and came together to create Mikoh Swim. The brand is inspired by surfing, travel and created for the modern woman. You can shop their stringy or simple suits but check them out if you’re looking for cool prints (I love their “Palm Leaf” and “Polynesian Palm Marina” prints).
8. Frankie’s Bikinis. As the youngest designer to show a collection at Miami Swim Week it’s no surprise that Francesca Aiello delivers cute suits you’ll covet. Her line offers full coverage and minimal coverage bikinis with cute prints, crochet details, and strappy designs. Kylie Jenner and Candice Swanepoel have rocked these suits before.
9. Kendall & Kylie for Topshop. The Jenner sisters previously delved into swimwear with their line through PacSun and are now taking the swimwear line by storm with Topshop. The line hasn’t been released yet and there is no word on when the suits will be available. But, lucky for us Kylie SnapChatted from behind the scenes of their swim photo-shoot.
10. Myra Swim. Fans of Niykee Heaton will recognize these suits since she has flaunted them on her Instagram before. Myra Swim’s simple designs focus on flattering the wearer. With high cuts and simple designs you’re sure to find a suit you’ll love.
11. She Made Me. Slaying the crochet bikini game and gracing the bodies of beauties like Candice Swanepoel, She Made Me is all about their hand made suits. Getting one comes at a steep cost though so try to snag one on sale and make sure you take extra care of these suits. Rinse them out after you go swimming because the fabric isn’t as durable to salt water and chlorine.
12. Andrea Iyamah. “Bold” is what comes to mind when I think of this company. With strong African roots this company is redesigning swimwear to fit the culture. Think structured tops, high cuts and gorgeous prints. These suits are some of the most unique I’ve ever seen and I’m itching to get my hands on one.
13. San Lorenzo Bikinis. This swim brand started in Lima, Peru and brought the South American flair to the swim market of Hawaii. Since the early 2000’s this family-run company has been growing their business and designing gorgeous bikinis. This company has a lot to offer, with a lot of on trend suit designs too, so take a look at their collections.
14. Minimale Animale. This line is all about keeping it minimal, it’s even in the name. If you’re shy, I would avoid this company but if you’ve got the balls to rock a tiny suit that’s 90% mesh then give them a look.
15. Beach Bunny Swimwear. Pia Mia Perez frequently shoes off her suits from this swimwear company and it’s easy to see why. With sequined bikinis and lace details this company is all about being eye catching.
16. Forever 21. I know what you are thinking, “What the hell is Forever 21 doing on this list?” Simple. They have cute and affordable bikinis that rival some of the styles of most of the companies on this list, for a fraction of the cost you.
17. Seafolly Swimwear. American model Gigi Hadid is currently the face of the brand’s swimwear, which is how I came to find out about this Australian company. Their bold cuts, bright prints and flattering designs will have you maxing out your credit card in no time.
18. For Love and Lemons. You might be familiar with this company’s lingerie line. Well to my surprise they make swimsuits too. I recently found out about their line and love the intimate details. If you’re into swimsuits that resemble lingerie then this company is for you. Jessie Andrews has rocked their suits before and you should too.
19. Eau Paix Vie. Another company that likes to keep it simple. Eau Paix Vie is known for their duel colored bikinis. This Australian brand has expanded past their original designs and has three collections of suits to shop from. Kendall Jenner and Hailey Baldwin are two celebs who have rocked Eau Paix Vie before.
20. Boys and Arrows. The words dainty and cute come to mind when I think of this swimsuit company. They pick just the right prints to give you a suit that’s not too flashy but still eye-catching.
21. L*Space Swim. This brand is a favorite amongst Instagram as I almost always see someone rocking these suits.Bright blue seems to be the trend in this line but don’t overlook their more demure prints. With pages (and I mean pages) of suits for sale, you’re sure to find something you love.
22. Wildfox. Vintage inspired swimwear is what this company thrives on. Their line includes one of a kind pieces like this pastel seashell bikini top. With original flare and unique designs you’ll stand out in a crowd with these swimsuits.
23. Pacsun. Between bold prints, lace up one-pieces and simple flattering colors, Pacsun’s line is one to check out. Their clothing line is usually on trend with what’s popular and their swimline is no different. Think of high-waisted, strappy designs and floral prints.
24. Nasty Gal. The only thing that comes to my mind when I think of anything Nasty Gal creates is how insanely unique it is. This company isn’t afraid to take risks and incorporates daring cuts and never-before-seen patterns. Some of their suits, like this one, might leave you with odd tanlines but it’s so bold that every eye will be on you this summer.
25. Victoria’s Secret. A soon to be RIP on this list, Victoria’s Secret Swimwear is being discontinued. Like Forever21, this company provides stylish and sexy bikinis for all body types at a low cost. They may not be designer but they sell suits with different levels of coverage and are one of my go-to stores for bikini bottoms. I’m sad to see them go but for now you can snag their products at 40% off (with the code SAVE40SWIM) so grab some before they’re all gone.
View this post on Instagram
Mermaid 🌌✨ #CandiceSwanepoel #victoriassecret #VSFashionShow #victoriassecretfashionshow #angel #perfection #bikini #summervibes #summer #bomshell #african #mermaid #beach #fitness #summerbody #body #swim #victoriassecretswim #vsswim #victoriassecretswimwear #model #ownthebeach #abs #blonde #models #vsangels #beautyqueen
26. Stone Fox Swim. Every time I hear this company’s name I think of “you’re a stone cold fox” from Remember the Daze. If you don’t get the reference then I suggest you watch the movie after checking out this brand. It’s inspired by “the beer and bonfire girl, by sun kissed summer days and sandy toes” and designer Chelsea Bell gives you just that with these California style suits.
27. Sahara Ray Swim. I’ve been following the owner, Sahara Ray, for some time on Instagram and when I discovered her cute kinis, I had to share them with you. Their signature palm print breathes life into these suits and I’m dying to get my hands on one. Their line is not for the modest with cheeky suits and barely-there coverage but I highly recommend giving them a try. Jessie Andrews frequents this company’s suits as well.
28. Fella Swimwear.This brand is another “simple but sexy” company. They keep it low-key with solid colors but give each suit a sexy twist. Just take a look at the “Dylan” top and see what I’m talking about.
29. Bengal Bikinis. Though they don’t offer a lot, this company is one to watch. Their simple colors are overridden by sexy and unique designs. Their website doesn’t say much but I attribute that to Bengal Bikinis being a fairly new company. As they build their collections and brand this company will definitely become one of my favorites because of their great designs.
30. Montce Swim. This company has a little bit of everything. It’s perfect if you’re unsure of what you’re looking for. Color blocking, prints, modest, cheeky, one-pieces…they’ve got almost everything. If having a ton of options doesn’t terrify you then give this company a try.
Out of the 30 companies listed, I’ve only had the joy of purchasing from 10 of them. But, I plan to continue growing my bathing suit collection and hopefully will be able to purchase from each of these fabulous companies soon.
As with any clothing line, styles and trends are constantly changing. If you’re not interested in something one of these companies currently offers, check back next season because they might just have what you are looking for.
If you’re struggling to afford a suit from one of these companies, try looking for sales during the holidays. You can usually snag 10 to 50% off select suits on holidays like Memorial Day.
Have you shopped any of these brands? Which is your favorite?
*Feature photo is of my personal swimsuit collection