Beauty products are bountiful but for everyday essentials there are 5 types of products you need to be using. Check out my go-to items and the brands I use the most.
1. Cleanser – To get clear skin, you need to wash your face everyday. There’s no way around it. Add a cleanser into your daily routine and the extra 3 minutes spent using it each day will give you clear, smooth skin.
I use Aveeno in the morning to cleanse the oil off my face. It’s a light foam cleanser so it’s gentle on sensitive skin. Noxzema is thicker and leaves your skin tingling. I use it at night to take off makeup and give my skin a thorough cleaning.
2. Exfoliator – Exfoliating is EVERYTHING. I can’t emphasis this enough. Your skin cells regenerate constantly and according to Renee Rouleau, celebrity esthetician, adding exfoliation into your beauty routine twice a week can give you smooth and glowing skin.
I use Frank Bod all over my body once a week. It leaves skim soft and smelling like a fresh pot of coffee. Three to four days after I use Bliss Micromagic for a more refined exfoliation.
3. Toner – For the longest time I had no idea toner was a thing. It wasn’t until my brother’s girlfriend left some at our house that I realized I should incorporate toner into my routine. I saw a significant difference in the size of my pores after one week.
Witch Hazel is my favorite toner because it’s made from the leaves and bark of a plant. Not only can it reduce inflammation, cellular damage and swelling, but it also soothes wounds and clears up acne. I switch out the Witch Hazel for Now Solutions toner every couple weeks to change up my routine.
View this post on Instagram
Can't believe @DickinsonsWitchHazel has been a favorite for 150 years and I am just finding out?! Natural and clean products that are great for my skin, yes please! When Ariah's older, she can actually have some Dickinsons on her cotton ball. 😉#DickinsonsIs150 #WitchHazel #Partner
4. Serum – I was always a serum-denier. I thought it was an expensive bullsh*t product that you didn’t actually need. Boy, was I wrong. I got a couple serums on sale and my skin fell in love. I wake up every morning feeling hydrated, as if I drank 3 gallons of water the day before.
The Borghese Hydrology serum is heavy and almost greasy. I use it at night and save the Bliss serum for my morning makeup routine. It’s light and shimmers giving my skin a glowing look.
5. Moisturizer – Similar to cleanser, daily moisturizer will change your face forever. I recommend using a daily moisturizer with at least SPF 15. This will keep your skin looking healthy and help prevent wrinkles.
The Olay All Day Moisturizer is light and non-greasy but thin. One of the best things about this product is that a little goes a long way. On the other hand, the firming cream is heavy but lightly scented and leaves skin soft.
Do you use products in these categories everyday? What are your favorite companies to buy from? Let me know in the comments sections below!