Sandwiched together with cream, these brownie cookies are perfect for parties. They’re chewy, sweet and slightly salty. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think in the comments section!
- Brownie cookies
- 15 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder, sifted
- Salted caramel cream
- 1 cup and 3 tbl. butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup caramel, cooled
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. To make the brownie cookies, place 12 oz. of chocolate and 3 tbl. salted butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
2. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and
beat for 15 minutes until pale. Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture and remaining 3 oz. of chocolate. Mix to combine and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Spoon a little under a 1 tablespoon of the mixture, onto bake sheet. Bake for about 8–10 minutes or until puffed and cracked. Allow to cool completely on trays.
4. For the filling, beat 1 cup of salted butter in a bowl until creamed. Add the confectioner’s sugar and salt then beat until lightly combined. Beat in caramel until combined.
5. Spread some caramel cream on the underside of one brownie cookie and place a second brownie cookie bottom-side down on top of the frosting.