Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra once said, “All sorrows are less with bread. ” My response: “Add cheese and your sorrows are eliminated immediately.” For a quick and delicious appetizer try making this pull-apart veggie dip. It’s the perfect mix of bread and cheese. Be sure to let me know what you think in the comments section below!
- 1 tsp. butter
- 9 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cooked mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil and drained)
- 3 sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1 tube Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. garlic olive oi
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 10-inch oven-safe pie pan with butter.
2. Squeeze excess water out of the spinach before stirring into the Alfredo sauce. Add half of the shredded mozzarella cheese along with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir until combined.
3. Cut each string cheese into 4 pieces so you have 12 pieces total and set aside.
4. Unroll the pizza dough, cut into 12 squares and brush with egg white. Set one piece of string cheese on a square of dough. Attach opposing corners of the dough and pinch around the edges to seal. Roll into a ball and set around the edge of the skillet, creating one row of 12.
5. Spoon spinach mixture into the center of the skillet. Brush the dough balls with garlic olive oil and sprinkle the dish with remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 32-35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.