Saving money can be tough. But there are 5 easy ways to keep cash in your wallet. Check out my 5 tips for saving money below!
1. Pay with cash. When you pay with a debit or credit card you aren’t thinking about the balance of your account. By paying with cash you can see how much money you’re actually spending. I take out a certain amount of money each week for spending and keep the rest in the bank. Doing this will not only help you rethink your spending but you’ll be able to budget better.
2. DIY. Don’t pay for services you can do yourself like shoveling snow, sewing or even cutting your hair. Cutting out these extra expenses can save you $50-100 a month.
3. Stop buying brand name. Sure, brand name products are nice but there are plenty of high quality off-brand products at a lower cost. Do some research before you buy. For example, when the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits were released everyone was eager to purchase them but, there are plenty of other brands with the same colors for a cheaper cost.
4. CLIP THOSE COUPONS!!! Don’t throw out weekly circulars or the coupons you get with receipts. I used to overlook them but coupons can save you a lot of money. Also, apps like Flipp can save you even more by telling you what brands are on sale each week. On average, I save $10-$40 a month when grocery shopping with coupons.
5. Save your change. You might be tempted to toss your change if it’s taking up space in your wallet. All those coins might bother you but they can add up. Each year I collect loose change in a jar and end up with $100-$200 for spending.