After craving beer bread all week, I finally got around to baking some. This recipe creates a dense bread with crunchy outer layer. It’s easy to make and goes perfect with chili or soup. Find out how to bake it below and let me know what you think in the comments section!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tbl. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 12 oz. Guinness
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the Guinness and eggs. Stir together then knead until dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased loaf pan and pour melted butter on top.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until brown on top.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.