There’s nothing quite like waking up with sore abs. There are a ton of exercises you can do but my favorites don’t require gym equipment. Check out the ab exercises I love below and let me know which ones you do in the comments section.
1. Plank. Start on all fours. Put your elbows underneath your shoulders with forearms flat on the mat. Put both legs back to come into the “up” position of a push-up. Keep your body in a straight line and hold for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat 3 times.
*For a more advanced exercise try Plank Hip Dips. Plank while dipping your hips side to side to meet the floor.
Jamie is our #wcw She is getting those abs tight for summer! Yeah girl get it !😍 She signed up for personal training to ensure she reaches her summer goals.#personaltraining #summerbody #womenwholift #fitnessaddict #fit #plank #abs #workout #fitnessmotivation #workoutmotivation #inspiration #unitedfitnessnj #bridgewater #boundbrook #training #weightloss #workshard #summeriscoming #dreambody #thisisonlythebeginning
2. Russian Twist. Hold a weighted medicine ball in your hands. Create a V shape with your body and begin moving the ball from one side of the body to the other and back, slowly. Do 15 to 30 reps and maintain a V shape throughout. Repeat 3 times.
3. V-Ups. Lie on your back with your legs together, feet pointed, and arms resting on the ground overhead. Engage your abs as you bring your legs and arms up to meet each other, trying to touch your toes. Keep your back as straight as possible and do 3 sets of 10.
4. Bridge. Lie down and bend your knees while placing your feet flat on the floor. Lift your hips and create a straight line with your body, equally distributing the weight between your feet and shoulder blades. Hold for 1 minute and repeat 3 times.
*For a more advanced exercise hold a 5 or 10 lb. plate on your hips.
5. Donkey Kicks. Start on all fours while keeping your back neutral. Draw your belly in toward your spine then bring your right knee to your nose. Kick the leg out and up behind you, squeezing your butt. Repeat 3 times, 12 reps each leg.
6. V hold. Sit on the ground and keep your chest lifted and shoulders back. Engage your ab muscles while raising your legs. Keep your arms at your side. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds and repeat 5 times.
*For a more advanced exercise, stretch your arms up (shown below).
7. Side Crunch. Start on your side with one arm outstretched for support. Use your other hand to hold your head and bring your knees up to meet your elbow. Do 15 to 20 crunches on each side then repeat 3 times.
8. Hoop-less Hoola Hooping. Engage the core while moving your belly from side to side. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes and repeat 3 times.
Ok this is a totally weird workout….but…I get asked all the time about losing belly fat–especially after babies. This is one of my favorites. AND YOU CAN DO IT ANYWHERE. If you are wearing a baggy shirt, no one even has to know 😂. Why this exercise is so amazing is this: you are engaging your core from the inside out. And then gently rocking back and forth to sculpt. I love crunches and pretty much all ab exercises, but we often think about chiseling from the outside on those. This one will pull from the inside and truly allow you to engage your core, pelvic floor, and slim down. Reconstructing your center. It's super effective. So here I am…sacrificing my dignity 🤡…so you better try it 😂. I am about to go out for a quick jog…hence the 5million bra look 🙈. Sorry about that, but I really wanted you to get a clear understanding of the workout. Engage your abs HARD and make tiny movements. You can do it as often as you want. You don't have to turn, like I do here…this was just to demonstrate. Ok…don't laugh at me so much 🤡🤡🤡 (almost put the circus music to it 🤣) #thelivingclearlymethod