This marinade screams summer. It’s sweet with a punch of ginger and is perfect for grilling. Make it with chicken or on white fish like I did!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 medium white fish fillets
1. Combine the honey, soy, ginger and oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook it while stirring, until the marinade comes to the boil. Set aside to cool.
2. Pour the cooled marinade into a ceramic dish. Add the fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a grill on medium heat. Remove the fish from marinade, reserving marinade. Cook the fish, about 3 minutes each side, and brush with extra marinade.