Garlic is by far my favorite ingredient. I use it in all of my recipes, but every now and then I crave garlic dip. This aioli is perfect for dipping fries, slathering on burgers or mixing in with vegetables.
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine the egg yolk, garlic and salt in a bowl. Then mix in 1 tsp. water.
2. While whisking, add the oil drop by drop. Then add teaspoonful at a time and the mixture will thicken. Avoid adding the oil too quickly or the aioli will break. Continue whisking the oil until it is incorporated and the aioli is stiff.
3. Serve as a dip or use as a sauce. Keep refrigerated for up to a day.
Tip: If the aioli is too strong add in mayonnaise, one spoonful at a time, to dilute the flavor.