The only thing better than pasta with pesto is when it’s tossed with roasted tomatoes and sweet corn. With chunks of cheese, bits of corn, garlic and fresh basil, it’s perfect for summer. I used fettuccine but any pasta will do. Check out the recipe below!
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 3 ears of corn
- 16 oz. of fettuccine pasta
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 large shallot of garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup store bought or homemade pesto
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
2. Toss the tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and half the basil in the olive oil. Roast in a baking dish for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tomatoes collapse.
3. Grill the corn in the husk over medium heat. To get a good char on it, remove some of the husks before grilling. Keep on the heat for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through. Once done, cut the corn off the cob and save for later.
4. Next boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining.
5. Add the pasta to a large serving bowl and toss with the pesto and pasta water. Add the roasted tomatoes, garlic, corn, mozzarella and the rest of the basil.