Crinkle cookies are a Christmas classic and with double the chocolate they’re sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Try baking these for your next holiday party and indulge in the slightly crispy but oh-so fudgey cookies .
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 10 oz chocolate chips
1. Mix the cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil in a medium bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and stir into the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips and cover the dough with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. Form one inch balls and coat in confectioners’ sugar. Place at 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and transfer to a wire rack after a minute. Store in an air tight container with a slice of bread to keep the cookies soft.