Who needs to drink caffeine when you can eat it? These cookies are irresistibly good and smell like a fresh cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp. instant coffee
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Then add in the egg and vanilla. Beat until completely mixed.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Slowly add to the wet ingredients until full incorporated.
3. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and flatten with your palms into a circle. Place the dough circles 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
4. For the glaze, stir the instant coffee into warm water until it is fully dissolved. Then add the powdered sugar and stir until smooth. If the consistency is too thick or thin, add water or powdered sugar as needed. Drizzle over the cooled cookies and allow the glaze to harden before serving.