If you’re a soft, chewy cookie kind of person, keep scrolling. But if you’re looking for crispy, dunk in your milk and still get a crunch cookie, you’ve found the right recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ pound salted butter, room temperature
- 1 and ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 and ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix the the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat the butter and sugars in a separate bowl until creamy. Add the egg, vanilla and 2 tablespoons water. Mix until fully incorporated. Then slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
3. Form 2-inch balls with the dough and place at least 3 inches apart on a parchment paper lined pan.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then bang the baking sheet on the top of the oven several times so the inside of the cookie falls down. Repeat 3 minutes later, then bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and cool. Store in an airtight container. If the cookies are too crispy store them with a slice of bread to soften them up.