The only thing better than a cup of hot cocoa is hot cocoa in cookie form. Soft and chewy, these cookies are perfect for those stay at home nights by the fire.
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup hot chocolate mix
- 1 and ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 and ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, frozen
1. Beat the butter and sugars until smooth. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
3. Fold in the chocolate chips and chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
4. Create balls with the dough, about 1 inch in size, and place 5 to 8 marshmallows into each ball. Put them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for about 12 minutes. If the marshmallow melts and spreads onto the pan, use cooking shears to cut off the excess. Cool on a wire rack before eating.