This biscotti is just begging to be dunked in your coffee.
- 1 cup almonds, blanched and slivered
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Place the slivered almonds on a baking sheet and toast in an over preheated to 350°F. Keep them in for about 10 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
2. Reduce heat to 300°F. Beat the eggs and extracts in a bowl. Then add the sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until smooth. Slowly add in the flour until dough starts to form. Add in the toasted almonds.
3. On a floured surface, form a 3 inch by 14 inch log with the dough. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes or until the dough is firm.
4. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Then cut the dough into 1/2 inch pieces and place them back on the baking sheet cut-side up. Cook for 40 minutes, flipping the biscotti halfway through.
5. Allow biscotti to cool completely before dipping in the chocolate. Store in an airtight container.