These cookies are so fluffy they’re almost cake-like.
- 1/2 cup of salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until fully incorporated.
2. In a small bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda and let it sit for a few minutes. Then add the banana mixture to the butter mixture.
3. Add the spices, salt and flour and mix until dough forms. Then add the oatmeal and chocolate chips and stir until just mixed.
4. Drop spoonfuls of the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.