These are a family favorite. With a combination of chocolate and alcohol, what’s not to like?
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 6 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 & 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- A pinch of fine salt
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Shredded coconut (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat the over medium heat in a small saucepan until reduced by half.
2. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove and stir in the rum, chopped walnuts, salt and confectioners’ sugar. Cool to room temperature.
3. Form 1-inch balls and roll them in sprinkles, powdered sugar, shredded coconut or chopped nuts. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.