The name of these cookies says it all. They’re chewy, gooey and so delicious you won’t want to share them.
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag of Werther’s Original Chewy Caramels
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Then beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs and beat until fully incorporated.
2. Gradually add the flour mixture. Form a 1-inch ball of dough around a piece of caramel. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place about 1-inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and cool on wire racks.